1.4.0 was released on July 18th, 2016 and was the first public release of the Useful Update. It replaced 1.3.2 and was replaced by 1.4.1
- Total code rewrite
- Added "More Fuels Mod" creative inventory tab
- Added Fuel Pellets with a burn time of 900 ticks or 45 seconds.
- Added Block of Pellet Fuel with a burn time of 8100 ticks or 405 seconds.
- Added Concentrated Fuel Pellets with a burn time of 3600 ticks or 180 seconds.
- Added Block of Concentrated Pellet Fuel with a burn time of 32400 ticks or 1620 seconds.
- Added Coal Dust
- Added Bitumen
- Added Bituminous Coal with a burn time of 1600 ticks (same as regular coal) or 80 seconds
- Added Coke with a burn time of 3200 ticks (2x regular coal) or 160 seconds.
- Added Coke Block with a burn time of 28800 ticks or 1440 seconds.
- Added Can of Slimoline with a burn time of 20000 ticks or 1000 seconds
- Proxy issue caused this version to crash whenever ran on a server (fixed in 1.4.1)
- Missing some item and block recipies (fixed in 1.4.2 and 1.4.3)
- Grass blocks were burnable as a furnace fuel and could be crafted into fuel pellets (fixed in 1.4.1)
- Code was messy and full of unused imports (fixed in 1.4.1)
- Unreleased alpha builds contained a Bituminous Coal Ore block instead of featuring craftable Bituminous Coal. This may still be reimplemented in a later release.